Teaching Assistant - Level 2
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant who is passionate about childcare/development, ensuring each child's safety is a priority at all times. In the first instance the role will be working on a 1:1 basis to support a child in our Yr 3/4 class every morning and to work as a support for children through lunchtime. The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of special educational needs with a commitment to enabling all children to achieve their potential.
Applicants will need to:
- Be committed to the inclusion of all pupils
- Be a good communicator and work effectively as part of a team
- Liaise with the class teacher on a daily basis, to develop and implement various strategies to facilitate learning, in line with the individual needs and abilities to help the child reach their full potential
- Be hard working, enthusiastic, creative, with plenty of patience
- Show professionalism, commitment and enthusiasm
- Offer encouragement and praise to build self confidence
- Be flexible and show initiative
Job descriptions and person specifications are available to download or alternatively to collect from the school office.
Fixed Term Position to August 31st - Grade D 10 - 12 Pro Rata
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.50am - 1.10pm, 38 weeks per year
Closing Date: Please apply by 4.00pm 28th March 2019
Interview Date: W/C 1st April
Start Date: 24th April
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and safer recruitment practice. An enhanced DBS and medical clearance are required for all successful applicants and references will be requested for shortlisted applicants prior to interview and will form part of the interview process.